My name is Rene Sloan and I am new to the blogging world! I am a 25-year-old mom to 2 of the sweetest babies: Luke, 2 years old and Layla, 2 months old. So you can imagine our days are jam-packed and lots of fun! Life is interesting at home with a toddler and a newborn, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! Since I am new, you all are probably wondering some things about me. Here are some things that may (and may not be) interesting.
1. First and foremost, I am a Christian. I love Jesus and I try my hardest to follow him everyday. I still fall at times, but His love in unconditional and I know I am forgiven. It is my hearts desire to tell everyone how good He is to me, and how good He can be to you too!
2. I have worked since I turned 16 and got a car. I have always had to. It is the very reason I didn’t go to college. I have done everything from fast food, to grocery store, to retail, to nurses aid, to hospital secretary, and my most recent job as a Unit Associate at a hospital where I was responsible for payroll and scheduling. I have always enjoyed working, but I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with my babies now.
3. I am LOVE to read. I have had a book in my hand since I was able to read on my own. I own more books than I want to admit, and I am always collecting! I hope to be able to begin reviewing, and writing some awesome posts for you guys!
4. If I ever get the opportunity to go back to school, I want to be a RN. I have so much respect for nurses and the things they have to see and do each day. It’s not an easy job and should not be done for the money, but because you love people.
5. I love to cook. I love to cook everything meals to desserts and everything in between. I have always enjoyed cooking for my family. Even when I was at home with my mom. She has chronic migraines, so I got to help her out a lot in the kitchen when growing up.
6. I am crafty. Always looking for new projects!
7. I am a couponer! Don’t worry, I’m not extreme….yet.
8. I am a Pinterest addict.
9. I am a neat, organized, clean freak! I can’t stand clutter and my husband is a hoarder! We have plenty talks about this!
10. I am a HUGE Alabama football fan! ROLL TIDE!
11. I have a passion for those less fortunate, and missions. It is my desire to travel the world, loving on those people and spreading the word of God!
That’s pretty much it about me. I am a pretty ordinary girl! My blogging will range from my awesome Bible study, book reviews, cooking and recipes, craft projects I work on, activities with my kiddos, staying organized, and anything daily I can make interesting for you!
Thank you so much for reading! I would like to get to know you as well! In the comments, tell me a little about yourself! I look forward to hearing from you soon! I hope you come back again!
Have a blessed day!